Now, for my New Years planning I do a combination of setting goals and picking out one word to be sort of my word of the year.
I suppose I shall start with the goals first, as that would help me to explain my overall reasoning for picking the word I did for this year.
1. Spend more time in the Bible and praying. This has been such a big thing I have struggled with since about halfway through high school. I really want to spend this year focusing on growing in my relationship with God and therefore, have a more fulfilling life living out His will and purpose for me. The more fulfilled you are in your walk with God, the more fulfilled by this life you will be.
2. Jornal more. Journaling, especially my prayers or thoughts and reflections during quiet time, helps me to be more calm and focused. I will actually have a post about the benefits journaling has had for me and the different ways you might be able to go about journaling in the coming days.
3. Read for FUN. Emphasis on the word FUN here. I used to read for fun all the time, and still like to do so. The trouble is, I lack the time and the motivation to do so as a college student. I am graduating this coming May though, and anticipate having quite a bit of free time during this summer. So, hopefully, I will succeed in this goal and complete a reading challenge I have decided to take part in, which I will describe at a later post.
4. Write more consistently. Doing NaNo this last November really
5. Become more focused on my studies for my last semester of college and (eventually) grad school. I have been slacking in this area of my life in particular as I have been so beyond ready to be done with school. Due to this, I have been focusing on my future, and not on my studies here and now as they should be.
6. Manage my money better. I don't think this one in particular needs much elaboration. I am going to be graduating soon, so this is even more important of a skill for me to learn.
7. This goal is slightly more silly and more fun than the others. I want to rewatch the entire series of Star Trek: The Next Generation, and Star Trek: Voyager. Part of the reasoning behind this is that I have not seen either of these series in a while. The other part of this is that I have an idea for a massive fanfiction that pretty much crosses Star Trek, Star Wars, and Lord of the Rings, and I want to re-watch these two series in particular to come up with some ideas.
So there you have it, my goals for 2017. This leads me to the next part of the post, which is my word for the year.
My word for 2017 is *drumroll*...
Which is defined as to devote (time, effort, or oneself) to a particular task or purpose.
I suppose I chose this word as I wanted to show more dedication in the activities in my life, starting most importantly in my relationship with God, and trailing down from there. I feel as though I need to be more focused and dedicated here and now to the task currently assigned to me by God, and not always be wishing for the next stage in life thinking it will be better.
So there you have it my fellow readers! My 2017 goals and word of the year. Comment below on what some of your goals are for the coming year. I would love to hear from you.